A Decade of FEMA Deployments with Dr. Joe Holley
Dr. Joe Holley has been deploying with FEMA as a member of a Federal USAR team from Tennessee for a long time. He recently counted up forty-three (43) USAR and other deployments to disasters in the United States and abroad. For the last ten years of that time, he’s been part of the Disaster Podcast team reporting to the listeners from the field about his experiences.
Some of the disasters we recount in this episode include:
- Hurricane Matthew – Part 1, Part 2, Haiti Response
- Hurricane Harvey – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Hurricane Irma – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Carribean Response
- Hurricane Michael – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Surfside Building Collapse – Part 1, Part 2
- Hurricane Ian – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
This episode is hosted by Jamie Davis and Sam Bradley.
Paragon Brings “The Experience”
Paragon Medical Education Group specializes in bringing what they call “The Experience” to jurisdictions around the country. They bring together police, fire, EMS, and hospital teams to train together and learn what to expect from each diverse group in the response team so that each knows what to expect from the other and how to back the other groups up. Visit Paragon’s site at ParagonMedicalGroup.com for more information on how this can be brought into your system.