Meteorologist Becky DePodwin, and co-hosts Sam Bradley and Jamie Davis, got together for this episode to look back the many episodes covered over the previous year that was 2020 on the Disaster Podcast. Each of the team picked a few stand-out episodes as well as talked about what they looked forward to covering in 2021 as the new year kicks off.
Here are the picks for each team member:
Meteorologist Kyle Nelson sent in his picks even though he couldn’t be on the recording.
- Wildland Fires, Smoke and Effects on Air Quality
- Wilderness EMS Burnout with James Corbin and David Bremson
- Favorite Guest: Bobbie Merica and her book on building resilience in children, If I Have to Grow, It’s Good to Know.
Becky DePodwin’s picks were:
- Preparedness and Planning for 2020 Winter XGames with Kyle Nelson
- Stress Management in the Face of COVID-19 Response and Treatment
- First Responder Mental Health and Stress Injury Awareness
- Using Modular Custom Shelter Systems from Harbor Wellness
- StEER Data from NHERI Reviewed Following Hurricane Laura
Jamie Davis’ picks were:
- COVID-19 Patient Presentation Update with Dr. Joe Holley
- Disaster Information Management and Readiness with Rob Neppell from CEDR Digital Corps
- First Responder Mental Health and Stress Injury Awareness with Dr. Randy DuPont PhD.
Sam Bradley’s picks were:
- Weird Winter Weather Test with Dan DePodwin
- USAR Doc In Training with Dr. Sam Ni
- Boots on the Ground in Cookeville, Tennessee Post-Tornado
- Stress and the Family of the Disaster Responder
Join the Discussion
Join the discussion after the show with co-hosts Sam Bradley and Jamie Davis, the Podmedic in our Disaster Podcast Facebook Group now!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Paragon Brings “The Experience”
Paragon Medical Education Group specializes in bringing what they call “The Experience” to jurisdictions around the country. They bring together police, fire, EMS, and hospital teams to train together and learn what to expect from each diverse group in the response team so that each knows what to expect from the other and how to back the other groups up. Visit Paragon’s site at ParagonMedicalGroup.com for more information on how this can be brought into your system.