On this episode, we examine little known or talked-about side effects of the COVID pandemic. This is based on several articles from three of our favorite docs and show guests Seth Collings Hawkins, MD, FAEMS, FACEP, MFAWM , Sarah Frances McClure, DO, NRP , Benjamin Abo, DO, EMT-P, FAWM, along with paramedic David Fifer, co-host of the RAW Medicine Podcast with Dr. Seth. We also have our disaster weather and emergency management expert on with Becky DePodwin.
The gang talks about the following tough topics surrounding COVID:
- Challenges with Long Term PPE Use
- In the Wilderness Setting
- Rebreathing CO2 over long shifts in hospital setting
- Seth Coined the Term COVID-Lateral Damage in an article
- Inherent Dangers Treating COVID Patients
- Stress Management in Hospital Setting
- “Impossible” now Possible in the Face of COVID Necessities
- Increased Telemedicine Use
- Changes to EMS Transport-Only Model Looming
- EMS Use of Ultrasound Diagnostics in the Field
- Managing a Pandemic in a “Post-Truth” World
- Failure to trust science
- Bad news treated as political in nature
- Ignoring Expert Advice
Join the discussion with co-hosts Sam Bradley and Jamie Davis, the Podmedic in our Disaster Podcast Facebook Group now!
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Paragon Brings “The Experience”
Paragon Medical Education Group specializes in bringing what they call “The Experience” to jurisdictions around the country. They bring together police, fire, EMS, and hospital teams to train together and learn what to expect from each diverse group in the response team so that each knows what to expect from the other and how to back the other groups up. Visit Paragon’s site at ParagonMedicalGroup.com for more information on how this can be brought into your system.